BECOME AN ANNUAL MEMBER OR DONATE TO THE LMGRS
We do not receive public funding and rely on fees for programs, memberships and donations to operate our non-profit society. Even though we don’t have an office, there are many financial expenses and responsibilities that need to be attended to. Your generosity – either as a Member and/or Donor* – helps us to take care of the following:
- Administrative Maintenance: Phone, website, post box, insurance, program venue rental fees, electronic newsletter
- Subsidizing those individuals who need our Grief Support Group Program, but are on a low or fixed income
- Updating resources and grief/bereavement models for our participants and facilitators
- Helping to bring education and awareness about grief and loss to individuals and groups/organizations in the community
- Developing Grief Education Workshops – training for individuals who want to be more aware and understanding of those who are struggling with loss
- An invitation to our AGM Event – which includes an inspiring guest speaker, refreshments, and a chance to meet other members of the society and the community
*When you donate, you have the option of having us post a memory or tribute to our page http://lmgr.ca/in-memory-of-a-significant-person/
Memberships are $28.00 for the year (365 days from the day you apply/renew) and help us maintain our society status which requires a minimum number of members to operate.
Please note that membership fees to not qualify for a tax receipt. A charitable donation tax receipt will be issued for donations over $28. Tax receipts will be issued at the end of the year.
If you wish to become a member, click the Member Application button below.
If you wish to renew your membership, click the Member Renewal button below.
Donate by cheque
Please mail cheque to:
Lower Mainland Grief Recovery Society
703-2310 West 2nd Avenue
Vancouver BC V6K 1J1
Donate by credit card or PayPal, click donate button
Donate by e-transfer firstname.lastname@example.org
Charitable tax # 89121 8596 RR001
OTHER WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE – GET INVOLVED!
Consider becoming a Grief Support Group Facilitator
We have very experienced, compassionate and dedicated individuals who co-facilitate the support groups we hold throughout the year in our three locations. If you feel that leading people on a journey of healing is something you would be passionate and committed in offering, then please email us to learn more.