BECOME AN ANNUAL MEMBER OR DONATE TO THE LMGRS
We do not receive public funding and rely on fees for programs, memberships and donations to operate our non-profit society. Even though we don’t have an office, there are many financial expenses and responsibilities that need to be attended to. Your generosity – either as a Member and/or Donor* – helps us to take care of the following:
- Administrative Maintenance: Phone, website, post box, insurance, program venue rental fees, electronic newsletter
- Subsidizing those individuals who need our Grief Support Group Program, but are on a low or fixed income
- Updating resources and grief/bereavement models for our participants and facilitators
- Helping to bring education and awareness about grief and loss to individuals and groups/organizations in the community
- Developing Grief Education Workshops – training for individuals who want to be more aware and understanding of those who are struggling with loss
- An invitation to our AGM Event – which includes an inspiring guest speaker, refreshments, and a chance to meet other members of the society and the community
*When you donate, you have the option of having us post a memory or tribute to our page http://lmgr.ca/in-memory-of-a-significant-person/
Memberships are $25.00 for the year (365 days from the day you apply/renew) and help us maintain our society status which requires a minimum number of members to operate.
Donations can be made on a one-time or automatic monthly basis. All donations over $25.00 will receive a charity donation tax receipt.
There are two electronic buttons with forms. If you want to become a member, select Member Application. If you are already a member and want to renew, select Member Renewal.
Donate by cheque
Please mail cheque to:
Lower Mainland Grief Recovery Society
2490 W. 37th Avenue
Vancouver BC V6M 1P5
Donate with credit card or PayPal
OTHER WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE – GET INVOLVED!
Consider becoming a Grief Support Group Facilitator
We have very experienced, compassionate and dedicated individuals who co-facilitate the support groups we hold throughout the year in our three locations. If you feel that leading people on a journey of healing is something you would be passionate and committed in offering, then please email us to learn more.
Consider being an active Board Member or Volunteer
Presently, we have four board members (two which double as grief group facilitators) to keep our society operating smoothly. We are always interested in including individuals who are sensitive to those struggling with grief and see the importance of managing a small non-profit organization such as ours and who are prepared to get actively involved (about 4-6 hours a month commitment).
Currently, we are seeking people to offer their interest and skills in the following areas:
- Fundraising, specifically, asking companies and corporations for donations
- Boosting our web presence via Internet and Social Media
- Collecting emails and phone messages, and responding to them
If you are interested in getting involved, please email us at: email@example.com