LMGRS SPECIAL ANNUAL EVENT / AGM
We invite members of the public to attend our Annual Event / AGM
The Threshold Choir is a group of women who bring comfort and compassion through song to those at the thresholds of living and dying. In groups of two to four they sing gentle songs from a variety of traditions to soothe, comfort and uplift. They sing, when invited, in private homes, hospices, care facilities and hospitals.
This choir, which began in 2009, is associated with an international organization of Threshold Choirs. For more information please visit: thresholdchoir.org
Location: St. Mary’s Kerrisdale Anglican Church, Main Lounge
West 37th between Larch and Balsam, Vancouver, BC
Date: Tuesday, June 26th, 2018
Time: 6:00 – 7:30pm (AGM after Event)
PLEASE REGISTER BY JUNE 19, 2018 TO SECURE A SEAT
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Members of the LMGRS, please be advised that at our LMGRS Annual General Meeting on June 26th there is a Special Resolution on the Agenda asking LMGRS Members to approve the updating of our Bylaws to comply with the new Society Act.
The Special Resolution will read as follows:
WHEREAS the directors of the Society have recommended that the bylaws of the society be rescinded in their entirety and replaced with the new Bylaws attached hereto as Schedule “A”.
RESOLVED AS A SPECIAL RESOLUTION THAT
- The Bylaws of the Society be rescinded in their entirety and replaced with the Bylaws attached hereto as Schedule “A”.
- The amendments to the Bylaws shall be effective upon filing the Transition Application pursuant to the terms of Part 16, Transitional Provisions of the Societies Act.
GRIEF AND LOSS WRITING TO HEAL
with Debbie Balcome from Rain Down Words
We each grieve in our own unique way and reflecting on the memory of your loss is an intensely personal experience. In order to heal, you need to feel and writing through grief is a valuable tool that is available to you 24 hours a day.
Writing through grief offers you the opportunity to :
- reflect on the meaning and significance of the loss in your life as it applies to your inner self.
- write your feelings down as a map of your journey towards healing.
- separate and sort through all the confusion and conflicting emotions that surface after a loss.
- let off steam, release, tension and express creative urges in a safe and harmless way.
- clarify what you are thinking and feeling as you move from thinking to writing it down.
Through guided meditation and structured writes explore the different dimensions of grief and yourself. Obtain the relief that comes when you can express your thoughts and feelings and know that you have put them down somewhere. Whether the grief you carry is from an actual death or from some of the many losses we sustain in life, come and be welcomed into a safe space with other grief journeyers.
Check out the dates of these writing workshops at https://www.raindownwords.com/grief-loss-writing-to-heal
FOR OTHER EVENTS IN METRO VANCOUVER IN THE AREA OF LOSS AND DEATH, PLEASE VISIT BCBH http://www.bcbereavementhelpline.com/events/