Become a member of the society
When you join as a member you will assist the Lower Mainland Grief Recovery Society to continue serving the needs of those experiencing the loss of a loved one.
Your $28.00 membership fee contribution goes toward:
- Developing Grief Education Workshops – training for individuals who want to be more aware and understanding of those who are struggling with loss
- Updating resources and grief/bereavement models for our participants and facilitators
- Subsidizing those individuals who are on a fixed / low income
- Helping to bring education and awareness about grief and loss to individuals and groups in the community
- An invitation to our AGM Event – which includes an inspiring guest speaker, refreshments, and a chance to meet other members of the society and the community
There are two forms. If you want to become a member, select Member Application. If you are already a member and want to renew, select Member Renewal.
Here is how your donation makes a difference:
- Subsidizing grief education workshops for those who wish to participate but are on a fixed or low income;
- Developing Grief Education Workshops to train individuals who want to be more aware and understanding of those who are struggling with loss;
- Sharing resources to those who have experienced loss;
- Bringing education and awareness about grief and loss to individuals and communities.
Donate by cheque
Lower Mainland Grief Recovery Society
2490 W. 37th Avenue
Vancouver BC V6M 1P5
Donate with credit card or PayPal
Note: only donations made to the society of $25 or more will receive a receipt for tax purposes.
become a grief group facilitator
We have very experienced, compassionate and dedicated individuals who co-facilitate the support groups we hold throughout the year in our three locations. If you feel that leading people on a journey of healing is something you would be passionate and committed in offering, then please call: 604-696-1060 to learn more.
become an active member of our board
We have a handful of board members (some of which double as grief group facilitators) to keep our society operating smoothly. We are always interested in including individuals who are sensitive to those struggling with grief and see the importance of managing a small non-profit organization such as ours and who are prepared to get actively involved (about 4-6 hours a month commitment).
Currently, we are seeking people to offer their interest and skills in the following areas:
- Grant writing
attend our annual agm & speaker event
Please go to our Events Page: http://lmgr.ca/events/
Please call: 604-696-1060 or email us at: email@example.com